Owner and president of Feedback Limited, specializing in technology consulting|
Extensive program and project management experience including
change management and monitoring; risk management; pricing analysis; quality assurance and testing; management of vendor contracts; ensuring compliance with regulatory
Skilled at development of strategies, processes, procedures and controls|
Extensive business analysis experience in multiple stakeholder environments
Significant experience working with different aspects of intellectual property rights
including developing patents, mapping patents to standard and technologies, advising
on royalty schemes; Inventor of multiple patents granted in the US and pending in
India, China and European Union|
Ph.D. (Electrical Engineering) and M.Sc. (Electrical Engineering) with distinction
Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Alberta.
Project Management Professional (PMP).|
ITIL Foundation certified.|
Information Systems Professional (ISP).|
Certified HL7 Specialist.|
Member of APEGA, Project Management Institute (PMI), Canada’s Association of
IT Professionals (CIPS).|
Senior member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics
Over 60 engineering publications in international journals and conferences.|
Demonstrated excellent leadership and conflict resolution capabilities.|
Superior verbal and written communication skills, multi-lingual (six languages).|
Skilled at cooperating in international work environments, willing to travel.|
|Organizational Change Manager, Alberta Health Services, Edmonton, Canada.
- Responsible for change management and quality assurance in a multi-year project deploying new, centralized Pharmacy system in all Edmonton-region hospitals
- Developed extensive testing and conversion strategies to prepare the deployment of the new system
- Developed detailed testing plans including the testing framework for the new system
- Managed a large team of testers (Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians) and business analysts performing UAT tests for multi-staged deployment
|Owner and President, Feedback Limited, Edmonton, Canada.
- Created the corporate vision and short/long-term development strategies
- Engaged multiple international partners with a goal of commercialization of IPR for a group of patents
- Developed a portfolio of LTE and LTE-A patents
- Responsible for strategic planning of IP commercialization process
- Provided technical consulting services
|Delivery Manager, Capital Power Corporation, Edmonton, Canada.
||December 2009-December 2010|
- Managed multiple corporate infrastructure development projects including:
Worked with various server and desktop support teams resolving issues across North America
- Exchange migration project: company-wide (Canada and the US) migration of the e-mail infrastructure from 2003 to the new, state of the art Exchange 2010, including migration of archived e-mails and BlackBerry systems. Project included RFP evaluation of vendors and pricing structures, as well as deployment to the US and Canada
- Migration and deployment of NAS backup system
- Development of Disaster Recovery procedures
- Removal of unsupported offline e-mails required by Legal department
- Corporate-wide deployment of Office Communication Server
|Senior PMO Coordinator, Alberta Health and Wellness, Edmonton, Canada.
||September 2007-December 2010|
- Developed strategic plan for AHW Project Management Office (PMO) aligning it with internal ministry directives and regulatory requirements as well as best practices of PMI and ITIL
- Monitored execution of over 50 projects (including Electronic Health Record initiatives) in terms of cost, schedule and scope
- Reengineered cost forecasting process and developed a simplified system enabling capital and operational project cost forecasting, monitoring and accrual tracking
- Developed project monitoring processes and tools, including RACI matrices, providing senior management with integrated project performance dashboards, highlighting variances and trending information
- Developed database providing integrated environment facilitating maintenance of project execution as well as linking of dependencies, risks, issues, milestones and deliverables for multiple concurrent projects
- Worked with AHW executive directors developing changes to the existing decision management and project forecasting processes
- Process facilitated (with both individuals and teams) the development, documentation and communication of new agreed-to business and work processes, including the PMO reporting processes for project performance and reports to the Electronic Health Record Steering Committee
|Senior Business Analyst, EPCOR, Edmonton, Canada.
||January 2006-August 2007|
- Performed various business analysis tasks for a variety of projects including development of billing and financial tracking systems and data encryption software
- Provided analysis services aligning implementation of billing and call center processes with the regulatory requirements of the Alberta government
- Performed internal process analysis for reconciliation of billing of transmission and delivery charges, identifying and implementing suggested improvements
- Process facilitated the development, documentation and communication of new agreed-to business and work processes, including a new methodology for assessing and documenting security protocols on laptops and other portable electronic devices
- Proposed new processes for call centre issue management
- Assisted resolution of business issues (surrounding the security tools on mobile devices) including the development and implementation of the applicable new business processes
|Research Engineer, TRLabs, Edmonton, Canada.
||June 2003-June 2007|
- Managed multiple concurrent project developing messaging systems solutions for cellular base stations
- Designed software environment to implement and test proposed solutions on realistic wireless networks. Resulting algorithms were shown to allow up to 10 times higher revenues of cellular network operators and were patented in the US and internationally
- Wrote multiple conference and journal papers, performed numerous presentations at international forums
- Provided guidance to junior engineers at the company, helping them solve technical problems and managing their work activities
|System Design Engineer, multinational EU project.
||January 2003-April 2003|
- Applied knowledge of wireless communication systems to design new methods of channel estimation for UWB systems. The achieved results have become one of the internationally accepted UWB benchmarks and were presented in a recent book: An Introduction to Ultra Wideband Communication Systems, edited by J. H. Reed in 2005
- Created a Matlab software environment for implementing and testing of the estimation methods for UWB systems
- Provided guidance to a junior Ph.D. student, helping him to acquire technical background to the UWB system design and publish two scientific articles
|Guest Researcher, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, CA.
||June 2000-December 2000|
- Managed a project to study and evaluate different algorithms for communication systems used by NASA Deep Space Network (DSN)
- Developed novel phase estimation algorithm for deep-space probe communication systems. The proposed algorithm allows for large savings on construction of smaller antennas and/or extended ranges of deep space missions
- Organized and conducted two seminars at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory and California Institute of Technology, presenting the general overview of deep space communication problems
|Engineer, Ericsson Telecom AB, Stockholm, Sweden.
||June 1997-May 1998|
- Managed two projects to design new routing algorithms in ATM and IP network systems allowing for significant savings in infrastructure costs
- Developed C++ library for the commercial PLASMA network simulator allowing testing of multicast networks
- Results of this work have become one of the internationally accepted benchmarks and were presented in one of the top 50 most often cited Computer Science articles in 1999
|Management Development Certificate with distinction,
University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada.
|Doctor of Philosophy, Communication Systems (EE),
Chalmers University of Technology, Department of Signals and Systems,
Turbo Codes and Channel Estimation in Wireless Systems
|Licentiate of Engineering, Information Theory,
Chalmers University of Technology, Department of Signals and Systems,
Thesis title: Synchronization in Turbo Coded Systems
|Master of Science (EE) with distinction,
Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden and Technical University
of Lodz, Lodz, Poland.
Thesis title: Multicast Routing in ATM
and IP over ATM Networks